Senior Ruby on Rails developer
Unique Fort Worth technology startup anchored by a strong operating company is assembling a core, high-level RoR development team. Team will be responsible for rapidly developing a highly innovative and disruptive web technology platform that will lead the automotive dealership industry into serving the new consumer paradigm. Company has completed phase 1 development using outsourced development - now recruiting in-house team to assume development. The company is well capitalized with highly successful, experience entrepreneurial leadership. Strong-market pay, benefits and equity opportunities available for ground-floor team.
Candidates must have a strong passion for business and unyielding desire to impact an industry.
* Creativity and innovation
* 4 yrs professional experience building complex web software
* 2+ years with Ruby on Rails 2.x - 3.x
* Experienced with e-commerce
* Experienced with automated testing and testable code
* Thorough understanding of core object-oriented principles and the MVC pattern
* Ability to review scope and estimate work
* Ability to develop across entire application: database, business logic, and front-end
* Experienced with SQL
* Capable and familiar with linux/apache/postgresql/git.
* UI Design
* Working knowledge of plugins/gems like Restful-Authentication, Passenger, and Authlogic
* All positions are located at our office in Fort Worth, Texas.
* We do not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies.
* We are not interested in outsourcing.
* Please be prepared to provide code samples to illustrate your relevant experience upon request.