We're looking for a talented, passionate software developer with a knack for building clean, quality software. Everything we do involves maps and data, with a focus on usability and simplicity. We thrive on building amazing mapping tools to help individuals and organizations solve problems. You would be joining a team of motivated engineers, geographers, and designers who spend everyday learning, teaching, and advancing the state of the art in geospatial technology.
• Product driven - We build tools to help people solve problems. A focus on the user’s perspective is critical to everything we create.
• Eye for design - Our bar for design in our products is high, from graphics, to composition, to user experience. Design helps communicate intent and functionality, so it’s always central to our development process.
• Data structures - Geography is a data-driven discipline, and you need an understanding of relational databases and data structure concepts.
• Strong communicator and collaborator - You’ll be working with a fast-moving team building new product features everyday, so constant communication is paramount. This includes being an articulate writer, being good at managing and prioritizing your own work, and staying generally “plugged in” to what the company is working on.
• Self-starter, self-teacher - Our team is made up of driven, largely self-taught engineers. A constant thirst to build your knowledge base is critical. We would also expect to be learning a lot from you.
• Build and maintain web applications in a Ruby on Rails environment
• Use available project management and communication tools to work with everyone on the team.
• Other technologies that are beneficial: Backbone.js, node.js, MongoDB, PostGIS, Amazon Web Services infrastructure, haml/sass, CoffeeScript
• Help the product team manage requirements and design new product features
In order to apply, here’s what we’d like you to send to email@example.com:
• A short message about who you are and why you’re interested in working with our team.
• Links to some projects you’ve worked on