Sr Ruby on Rails Engineer @ Storenvy
We’re Storenvy. We’re a product team, and a style & shopping company. Our ethos is a mixture of style, creativity and engineering. We solve complex engineering challenges and create elegant experiences to help people better connect with amazing products and their creators.
Our apps support a huge, passionate community of creative people and shoppers discovering amazing things. The love us almost as much as we love them. It’s an incredible feeling to help people turn their ideas and dreams into a reality.
We are building a sustainable company that is intended to flourish and grow into something big. We solve real-world problems felt by people everywhere. And with a clear business model, based on commissions from marketplace sales, we can confidently build a rock solid company. Together.
We’re hiring a Sr Ruby on Rails Engineer to join our small and growing engineering team. We are founded by hackers and love great code. We care deeply about the actual product, user experience and the way our customers use our software.
As a Sr Rails Engineer, you will function as the technical lead on our products including Storenvy Marketplace, our API or the Storenvy mobile experience. You will make important technical decisions and ensure the scalability and performance of our applications.
Here are some of the challenges you’ll get to work on:
- Solve real-world problems by empowering tens of thousands of creative entrepreneurs that rely on the Storenvy platform.
- Ensure the successful processing of millions of dollars per month.
- Build and tune decay algorithms and predictive recommendation engines as well as powerful search tools to improve user experience.
- Scale and expand the Storenvy OAuth API and 3rd-party app platform to support millions of requests.http://developers.storenvy.com/
- Work with other engineers to plan and implement large architectural decisions.
- Check out our stack! Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, MySQL, Linux, Puppet/Moonshine, Redis, Memcached, HAProxy, Apache, Resque, Sphinx, AWS (S3/Cloudfront).
Our Ideal candidate:
- Has at least a year of professional experience developing in Ruby on Rails as well as a professional dev background in a modern OO language (Python, Ruby/Sinatra, modern Java/Scala)
- Has experience scaling a web application with Ruby, MySQL and Redis, using Service-Oriented Architecture
- Contributes to Open Source and can share a link to a GitHub repository
- Experience migrating a monolithic Ruby on Rails app to SOA (hint hint).
- Experience developing for mobile or mobile-web applications
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with our current stack (see above!)
- We’re ready to talk relocation to the right person. We’d love to have you join us in our sunny office in the Mission!
- This is a full time, onsite position.
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive Salary: Software engineering in SF. Enough said.
- Benefits: We provide full medical, dental, vision insurance for you and your family. So go ahead, try to juggle those flaming swords. You’re covered.
- Meaningful Equity: Because you’re part of what we’re building.
- Flex-time, like an adult: You’ve got flexible vacation and personal days to take care of whatever you need to.
- Got the gear? You’ll have a beautiful display and a MacBook Pro or Air. We’ll even give you a Storenvy sticker to put on the lid, if you want.
- Small team, big impact: We’re still a small team fleshing out our company and product together. What you do will be important to the future of our product and our businesses. You will complete us.
- Catered meals & snacks: We cater lunch 3 days a week and have all kinds of snacks to help your precious brain do important work. (And some delicious tacos nearby)
- Storenvy shopping budget! Everybody on our team gets cash money to spend on Storenvy finds each month. We build it, we buy stuff – from cool artwork to your favorite band’s tour t-shirt.
How to Apply:
- The Sourcery will the first point of contact.
- All applications receive a response
- All applications are kept strictly confidential
- To apply, go to http://www.thesourcery.com/jobs/514/applications/new