As a Software Engineer, you have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems. We are looking for a highly-skilled software professional with a desire to delve into the unknown. You will be tasked with assisting in the creation of a home automation ecosystem including end user applications for traditional web, mobile, and mobile web. You will collaborate with co-located teams in our newly renovated downtown offices with both internal and external technology teams, user experience and design organizations, and product and business leaders. All self-motivated and highly-enthused candidates are welcome to apply.
- Demonstrated experience in advanced application development with multiple programming languages.
- Understanding of both object-oriented and functional programming.
- Proven capability and interest in learning new languages, frameworks and libraries. Capability to self-educate.
· Demonstrated experience with multiple frameworks within a languages such as Hibernate, Spring, Ruby on Rails, etc.
· Desire to be flexible in technology decisions and to investigate and vet technology options.
· Five years experience in complex application development.
· Demonstrated ability to build integrated services, APIs, and abstraction layers within application stacks.
· Understanding of the full application stack from UI through integration layers to data repository.
· Familiarity with environment setup and configuration. Will be required to assist with new application environment setup.
· Ability to communicate with technology leaders, user experience and design professionals, and business and product representatives.
· Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a team.
· Native mobile application development experience preferred.
· Agile / Lean Software experience preferred.
5 years of relevant work experience, including large systems software design and development experience with multiple programming languages.
BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field