We're looking for a Middleweight Ruby-on-Rails developer (up to £40k) to join our team on a full-time permanent basis. You will be responsible for delivering and maintaining Ruby on Rails websites: some for our clients, some for internal use, and others that we offer as products to the general public.
Applicants must have demonstrable experience of building and maintaining complex Rails applications. They must be able to conceptualise complex problems and build well organised, robust and extensible software.
The Rails Developer will:
- Work on the development, testing and documentation of new site
- Assist clients with related technical and usage problems
- Perform routine maintenance as-needed
- Assist the rest of the team with Ruby on Rails development tasks and improve the quality of our Rails projects in general by fostering good testing practice and documentation tools
- See http://dxw.com/jobs for more details.
Applicants must have the following skills:
- Ruby on Rails development
- Experience with RESTful service oriented architectures
- TDD and unit testing tools eg rspec
- Ruby development
- HAML and SCSS/LESS
- Source control (preferably using Git)
- A good understanding of usability and an appreciation for good user experience
The following skills would be useful but are not required:
- Experience building responsive sites
- Basic Photoshop skills (to take designs and produce assets from them)
- WordPress development
- Articulate and personable
- Optimistic problem-solver
- Gains genuine satisfaction from being useful
- “Starter-finisher” personality
dxw is a small web agency delivering WordPress and Ruby-on-Rails websites to central government and the public sector. We're trying to help improve the standard of government digital, delivering good websites at sensible cost, while also developing some of our own products on the side (such as citrulu.com).
We've just moved to a new office adjacent to the Hallowed Roundabout - high ceilings, natural light, wooden floors and space invader decals. We have a sodastream, coffee machine (which sounds like inception: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3f_8vCFOcM), popcorn maker and a decent little kitchen. We also have a small area for meetings (and naps) with an oversized sofa.
We pride ourselves on delivering beautiful, workable, maintainable, useful websites for our clients. We think that the best projects need the best people, and good people are hard to come by.
See http://dxw.com/jobs/ for more details and send a CV and code sample to firstname.lastname@example.org