Imikim.com - Large Website Ruby-on-Rails Developer
Imikimi.com is large Rails based website providing innovative tools for online content creation and sharing. We also have a significant presence on the iOS app store. If you are interested in working with a small, innovative team on a large Rails website, this is the place!
We are devoted to practical innovation in user-interface and core technologies. We believe user experience should not only be simple and easy, but also powerful and fun for novice, and expert users alike. Solutions to core problems should not only address today's and tomorrow's needs, but should also - the foreseeable needs of the next decade.
We are looking for a wicked-smart RoR developer who can come up with high quality designs both from user-experience and technical perspectives and implement them with minimal oversight. The ideal candidate should be passionate about creating an awesome user experience with beautifully written code. We want someone who is great at solving complex computer-science problems and truly enjoys working on the forefront of innovation.
- Implement solid solutions with minimal oversight
- Design innovative new features
- Be part of the core team
- Communicate effectively in person as well as email, im & skype
- Attend weekly meetings at the Seattle office
Position Requirements >1 year experience in
- Ruby-on-Rails (RoR)
- Subversion or GIT
- Cross-browser CSS
- User interface design
- Cutting edge ruby technologies including: rspec, rack and event-machine
- No Recruiters; individuals only
- Must be self-motivated
- Must live in the Seattle, WA area
- Competitive rate, to be negotiated
“Beauty is more important in computing than anywhere else in technology because software is so complicated. Beauty is the ultimate defense against complexity.” –David Gelernter