Senior RoR developer
We are a fast-growing internet start up looking for energetic and dedicated individuals with a passion for entrepreneurship, software development and strong belief in product usability and quality.
At Chronus, we constantly challenge and encourage each other to invent ideas and create products that change the way people work and improve the way people live.
Join us, enjoy the ride and discover how far your ideas can take you.
Who we are looking for?
- Energetic and dedicated individuals with passion for Technology and Entrepreneurship.
- Go getter. Willingness to dive in, take on challenges and fix any problems that come up
- Out of box thinker with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Expert programmer with solid design skills.
- Active contributor to open source projects.
- Ability and willingness to work on all parts of the technical stack (front-end, back end, database)
- Agile learner of new technology and tools.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Experience - 2+ years
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong problem solving, design and programming skills
- Understanding of software architectures such as Object Oriented, AJAX & SOA.
- Expertise in designing & developing web applications using latest web development technologies.
- Experience with Open Source technologies like Ruby on Rails (RoR), MySQL, Apache will be a plus
- Exposure to Agile development methodology, Test driven (TDD) and Behavior driven development (BDD) will be a plus
- Familiarity with Cloud computing environments (Amazon EC2, Rackspace, Engine Yard) will be a plus
What's in it for you?
- Creative and fun work environment.
- Innovate and realize your ideas into products/solutions.
- Plenty of solid coding projects that promise to keep your career path on cutting edge!
- Competitive salary
The perks we offer
- Telecommuting option on a need basis
- Reimbursement of home internet connection charges
- Sponsored trips to conferences