Ruby on Rails Developer
An innovative service offering monthly memberships for unlimited in-theater movies. Wired.com called us the "Netflix Model for Theaters." We are looking to build up our product team with the addition of a talented Ruby on Rails Developer.
A perpetual student of your craft and a challenges excite you. Have a "Can Do" attitude and "Troubleshooting" is your middle name. You love working with an innovative product and equally enjoy working with collaborative people. You might be sick of working on products that only reach hyper-internet users, and are interested in creating something even your parents would love. You wouldn't mind watching free movies on your spare time to "test" the product.
Your background includes...
- 3+ years experience with RoR with demonstrable experience using best practices. For example:
- 'separation of concerns', 'skinny controllers / fat models', 'progressive enhancement'
- testing frameworks - preferably RSpec/Cucumber/Web as well as Continuous Integration (both setup and use). You should not only be familiar with said technologies but also use them throughout your daily workflow.
- Experience with external API's, producing/consuming XML-based data feeds
- Git - should be comfortable with not only basic usage - but more advanced features as well - push/pull branches, push/pull requests, etc.
- Confident inheriting legacy code that needs improvement.
- Loves to collaborate, and is professional about offering alternative solutions.
- Must have excellent communication skills - both verbal and written, able to articulate ideas.
- Ability to break a job into smaller tasks and accurately estimate time to complete overall project
- Experience creating mobile sites
- Experience with payment gateways and e-commerce solutions.
- Experience with Rails3
- Experience deploying / managing apps on Heroku
- iOS or Android Develop experience, or eager to learn
- HTML/CSS. While the 'front-end' is not the primary responsibility of the RoR developer - its a definite plus that the candidate demonstrate more than just a working proficiency with front-end technologies.
Bay Area applicants preferred. Must be able to work from home initially, as we are in the process of finding an office space close to San Francisco.