Entrepreneur & CTO
Yanus is a young and innovative publishing house based in Hamburg and London. As publishers we work with different types of texts, most notably with German and English literature as well as with the social sciences and humanities. It is our aim to merge together both traditional and digital book formats. The reader can decide which format he/she prefers to read the text in.
We want to use the flexibility of new publishing methods and technologies to make our texts accesible to a wide audience; and thus together with editiors and authors, we strive to maintain only the highest quality when it comes to publishing.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Reporting directly to the CEO you shall take a leading position and assist in the strategic development of our company. You shall develop systems solutions for the publishing house on the basis of Ruby on Rails, in addition to further developing our website, providing back-end soloutions, database applications to manage our duties, responsiblities and business processes. We want to develop solutions for our readers-of-tomorrow; and thus it is essential to have a motivated team.
• You are a university graduate, preferably in Computer Science.
• You work very well with Subversion/Git.
• You have already had extensive project experience.
• You are convincing through your entrepeneurial thinking and actions and you possess the ability to inspire others.
• You are dynamic, reliable and thus are able to work under pressure and used to taking a solutions-based approach to working.
• You possess initiative and commitment and are used to handling high responsibility.
• You have good conceptual skills and analytical talent.
• You are ideally passionate about handling scientific and classic texts.