* Prior ruby on rails experience is NOT required. However, in lieu of rails coding experience, candidates must possess strong web development skills and be interested in learning rails going forward.
Web developer / Ruby on Rails developer
My Client is an industry leader in SaaS. They are looking for Ruby on Rails Developers to work on its next generation of web 2.0 products. This position is hands-on programming with a test-driven approach, as part of an agile team.
* Writes well-factored, extensible, elegant Ruby on Rails code with a test-driven approach
* Understands existing code and framework and best coding practices
* Works collaboratively as part of the development team with product managers, software engineers and architects, in an agile environment
* Reviews code periodically and refactors inefficient code
* Continually keeps up to date with best practices and newest developments in the Rails world by learning from web resources and from other team members
* experience with Object Oriented analysis and design and MVC programming concepts, preferably in Ruby on Rails
* Experience with behavior-driven-development (BDD) or test-driven-development (TDD)
* Ability to write acceptance criteria for features in simple business language
* Experience with complex SQL queries and database performance issues
Other technologies required:
* MySQL, migrations
* Source control (Subversion)