RUBY PROGRAMMER **Angel-Backed Social Media Site**
- Angel-backed start-up DIDDO LLC (www.diddo.com) is hiring for phase three of Ruby-based website development: public launch.
- We are open to contract work, part-time, or full-time, in person or virtually.
- We are looking for team members to start immediately, but were also talking to those interested in future opportunities as well.
- Contact Brett at email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about joining us. Please include your Word or Java-Disabled PDF resume. Brett will get back to you at his earliest opportunity.
- For our next block of development, we have GAMIFIED the development process. You will be working directly with the CEO and developers/designers as a team, winning badges, scoring points, moving up levels, competing in challenges and tracked across progress bars and leader boards to bring our team closer and enjoy our time together on the project.
- Once this development phase is over, you will be recognized and rewarded for your efforts. If you and us think we work well together, you may be asked to keep working with us for the next stage of development, a stage down the road, or if everyone is interested, full-time as an in-house developer or partner.
- We are open to compensating you with pay-only, equity-only or a combination of pay and equity, and by making work seem like play.
- Ruby 1.8.6, 1.8.7 (1.9.x would be a bonus). At least 2 years experience.
- Rails 2.3.5, 2.3.11 (3.x would be a bonus). At least 2 years experience.
- Testing Know-how: Unit Testing but more importantly Functional and Integration testing.
- jQuery 1.5, jQuery UI and jQuery plugin ecosystem awareness. Should be adept at implementing Javacript in an Unobtrusive manner. At least 2 years experience
- Haml, Sass experience would be a bonus, otherwise sound xHTML. HTML5 understanding is a bonus.
- Css and Css3, specifically have a good grasp of separation of concerns (i.e content, HTML), presentation (CSS) and markup (UJS)
- Must be Linux aware, with basic understanding of Apache/NginX, mySQL5.x (basic Linux admin a bonus). Preferably experience with Debian or Ubuntu
- Must be lazy, i.e re-use code and not re-invent the wheel, write code in a DRY (Do Not Repeat Yourself) manner
- Unless we decide upon a different development tracking system: Developer must have experience in Git source control systems.
- Must have a good understanding of source control systems and concepts such as trunk branch, development branch, production branch, merging, cherry picking, upstream merging and so on.
- The Ruby developer should (IMHO) only develop under Apple OSX or Linux; our website deployment scripts do not run under Windows.
- Alignment: Possess above skills, or more of the above than other candidates
- Team Mentality: Must be able to work as a team, using virtual collaboration tools during development when necessary. Daily scrum meetings will held to assess and re-focus efforts among all team members on Skype and GoToMeeting.
- Availability: Hiring now. Needs to be available for check-ins and joint collaboration when necessary via email, Skype, or other virtual tools. Hours are flexible, but core hours ideally include 7am to 1pm U.S. EST
- Budget: Competitive total cost ($/hr * productivity) is more important than $/hr
- Efficiency: rapid, quality development is critical to this stage of the project
- Contact Brett at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about teaming with us. Please include your Word or Java-Disabled PDF resume. Brett will get back to you at his earliest opportunity.