APPLY ONLINE (NO EMAILS, PLEASE): www.puppetlabs.com/jobs
Department: Technical Operations
Reports to: VP, Technical Operations
Location: Portland, OR (non-local candidates: relocation is required for this role)
Summary of Role
Do you enjoy being the external and internal client voice and contact to help improve products and services? Excited about what Puppet is doing and want to be a part of it? Does problem solving make you happy?
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a Linux/Unix systems engineering role
- Comfortable with object oriented scripting languages (ideally Ruby).
- Knowledge of web application server configuration (Apache, Passenger, Mongrel, Unicorn).
- Skilled in OS administration, packaging and installer technologies.
- Firm grasp of TCP/IP networking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage workload independently and get the job done.
Preferred but not required:
Familiar with source control systems such as Git
Experience using Puppet and configuration management systems.
Please include a cover letter with your application describing why you are interested in working for Puppet Labs and, more specifically, summarize how your experience fits each of the aforementioned qualifications.
Working for Puppet Labs
Based in Portland, Oregon, we're making powerful, enterprise-class IT management technologies accessible to companies of all sizes, enabling our customers to leverage their IT systems for competitive advantage and eliminate IT inefficiencies and outages. We're an enterprise software company with a consumer sales model, a passionate, worldwide use base, and the conviction that open source infrastructure is the way forward. Everyone who works here has a real, direct impact on the company, and our list of interesting and difficult challenges will always be larger than the time we have to tackle them. Our work environment is relaxed yet results driven, encouraging creativity, collaboration, and challenging each other in order to foster continuous improvement. Our employees embody our values, displaying curiosity, self-motivation, adaptability, and a passion for what Puppet is all about.