Rails Software Engineer
- Optimizing, maintaining, and developing new features for an existing Ruby on Rails web application
- Offering new solutions for code optimization
- Improving scalability of back-end architecture to accommodate millions of users
- Sound knowledge of Ruby on Rails so the candidate can “hit the ground running”.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on Ruby on Rails experience.
- Solid Knowledge of jQuery, HTML5, CSS3.
- High attention to detail, and ability to work well independently with guidance.
- Must be able to row the boat a bit faster than usual when needed, we are a startup.
- A smiling can-do spirit with a positive attitude that believes that if it can be thought of, it can be done.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in scaling high-end Ruby on Rails web applications
- Experience in creating and maintaining great user-interfaces
- Linux administration, Capistrano, Apache, Passenger are no secrets to you